Flaxseeds (अलसी) Benefits, Uses , Nutritional Values and Side Effects In this busy life, no one has enough time to pay attention to his health. Due to this, many diseases surround them. In such a situation, it is important that you should include something in your diet, so that you can get all kinds of nutrition and you should also stay away from diseases. Flaxseed is one of these. It may be small in appearance, but its seeds have many benefits. Today, flaxseed is available as seeds, oil, powder, tablets, capsules and flour. It is consumed as a dietary supplement to prevent constipation, diabetes, cholesterol, cancer, and other conditions. In this article we are telling the benefits of flaxseed, which after knowing you will definitely include it in your diet.
Nutrients Found in Flax Seeds
The following nutrients are found in 100 grams of linseed seeds.
|क्र. म.||अलसी के बीज में पाए जाने वाले पोषक तत्व||पोषक तत्वों की मात्रा|
|2.||टोटल फैट :-
|6.||टोटल कार्बोहाइड्रेट :-
|9.||विटामिन सी||1 %|
|11.||विटामिन बी – 6||25 %|
|12.||विटामिन बी – 1||80 ग्राम|
Along with all these nutrients, omega-3 fatty acids and lignans are also present in the seeds of flaxseed. Also, flaxseeds contain a healthy amount of ALA, which is considered a good fat. It is important to include it in your diet daily.
Health Benefits of Flax Seeds
Consuming Flaxseeds daily we have many health benefits, about which we are giving below :-
1. Weight Loss : Flaxseeds are very beneficial in weight loss. This is because flaxseeds contain a high amount of healthy fat and fiber. In addition, ALA fat in it is also known to help reduce inflammation. You can add flaxseeds to make smoothies, salads or soups to reduce your healthy weight.
2. Fight Cancer :- Flaxseed are known to fight against rectum, uterus, prostate and breast cancer. This is because important elements are found in flaxseed. Which are converted by bacteria in the intestines into enterolactone and enterodiol. They balance hormones in a natural way and are very beneficial for fighting the symptoms of cancer. Lignans found in flax seed are also considered essential to reduce the incidence of endometrial and uterine cancer.
3. Linseed seeds are very good for those women who are still in their menstrual cycle. And also it can help in regulating the menstrual cycle.
4. Reduce Blood Pressure : As soon as a person starts getting stress, then many types of diseases start taking place in his body and high blood pressure is one of them. High blood pressure carries the risk of heart attack apart from other diseases. Therefore, you should do exercise as much as you need every day and take care of food. For this, you should include flaxseeds in your diet. It contains linoleic acid, lignin and fiber, which helps reduce blood pressure to some extent.
5. Diabetes : Everyone suffers from diabetes these days. Therefore, it is important that people pay attention to it in time. If flaxseed is consumed in diabetes, the blood sugar level can be reduced by a few percent. It reduces glucose in the blood by controlling digestion.
In addition, some scientific studies have also shown that flaxseeds contain a compound called SDG, which can reduce the risk of type-1 diabetes and reduce the risk of developing type-2 diabetes.
6. Cholesterol : When it comes to eating something healthy, flaxseed is a good option, flaxseed reduces harmful cholesterol in the body and also reduces the risk of heart diseases . Take one teaspoon of flaxseed powder with a small spoon every day. This will reduce your cholesterol to a great extent and will also give you energy, because flaxseed contains fiber and omega-3, which will give you energy.
7. Arthritis : Nowadays almost everyone is troubled by joint pain. Sometimes by sitting in a chair all day, sometimes by doing excessive running, sometimes by changing weather. Therefore, it is important that you take precautions in advance. You can take flaxseed for joint pain or lukewarm linseed powder in mustard oil and apply on the joints, you will get relief. However, it can be a little difficult to tell whether flaxseeds will be effective in arthritis, but the omega-3 fatty acids present in it are anti-inflammatory, which can reduce arthritis discomfort. Therefore, it can be said that the anti-inflammatory properties of flaxseed can be quite effective in joint pain or arthritis.
8. Anti-Ageing : Dust, pollution, harmful rays of the sun and the use of various things make the skin prone to dry, lifeless and premature wrinkles. Wrinkles are normal with age, but if these wrinkles start appearing before age, then there is cause for concern. In this case, you can use linseed as a home remedy. You can apply flaxseed oil or you can also consume flaxseed. Flaxseed contains omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants and many other ingredients which act as anti-aging and can reduce wrinkles. Nutrients are needed to keep the skin young and this nutrient will be easily found in flaxseed . Apart from this, it also keeps your skin hydrated.
9. Fungal Infection : Sometimes, due to the changing weather, dust , skin problems start occurring. One of these problems is fungal infection, in which itching and burning of the skin starts and sometimes rashes, and red marks appear on the upper surface of the skin. It is not necessarily only due to the changing weather, sometimes the side effects of the medicine can also cause fungal infection. It is important that you pay attention to it. You can consume flaxseed seeds for fungal infection. Flaxseed has antifungal properties, which can prevent the problem of fungal infection. Flaxseed also has antibacterial properties, which prevent fungus from growing.
10. Improving Heart Health : If you want to keep the body healthy, then it is very important to keep the heart healthy. There is an increased risk of heart attacks and heart diseases due to stress, mis-eating and many other reasons. In such a situation, if you start consuming linseed seeds, then the risk of heart disease can be reduced to some extent. Flaxseed seeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce the risk of heart disease . It improves the work of the arteries. According to another study, if someone eats ALA, a type of omega-3 fatty acid, then the risk of heart attack may be reduced.
अलसी के नुकसान – Side Effects of Flax Seeds
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages, if anything is consumed in excess, it also has its disadvantages. In the same way if flaxseeds have advantages, there are also disadvantages. We are telling you about this below.
1. Eating too much flaxseed can result in stomach upset.
2. Those who have trouble with low blood pressure, if they consume flaxseed, then their blood pressure can be reduced further.
3. Flaxseed is hot, so its intake during pregnancy can be dangerous.
4.There may be allergic reactions to flaxseed, such as rashes, burning or itching.
5.The intake of flaxseed dilutes the blood. In such a situation, if you have an injury or a wound, it may take time to heal.
6. If diabetic patients are consuming linseed, then they should check their blood sugar level every few days, because it reduces the blood sugar level very much.
Along with the disadvantages of eating flaxseed, also know who should not eat flaxseed.
Who Should Avoid Flax Seeds
In this article we are also telling that which people should not consume flaxseed at all.
- Do not make children eat flaxseed.
2. Pregnant women or lactating mothers should avoid flaxseed. If they want to take flaxseed, ask a doctor once., ask a doctor once.
3. Those who have more bleeding problems during menstruation.
4. Women who have had breast cancer or ovarian cancer.
5. Men who have prostate problems.
6. Women who are taking birth control pills.
After knowing the benefits of eating flaxseed, you will definitely want to include it in your food, but remember that if you are allergic to something then please talk to your doctor before consuming it.
Apart from this, be sure to ask the doctor when, how much and how to eat it, because everyone’s body and needs are different. Of course, eating linseed has its benefits, but you have to be patient for it, because it takes time to see its effect. Eat Flaxseed and share your experience with us in the comment box.